Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Chamber-Of-Commerce Day

That's what one sailor called it: clear, warm and with a steady 10-knot breeze. I guess I would have called it a chamber-of-commerce day if it had rained heavily the night before. I haven't seen today's actual results, but I think we finished 10 in this 18-boat pursuit race. Not that anyone much cares: it was that much of a perfect day to be on the water.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like lovely weather for Lido 14 sailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, all my racing was done on Chamber-of-Commerce days. They were are all special. And the first time I went sailing with my wife was on a Lido-14. 45 years ago

      Delete